Tom is an executive & corporate consultant specializing in delivering high-impact leadership and organizational coaching and training. He combines years of C-level business operations experience + extensive executive-level coaching experience with data-backed tools and software to help you align your business strategy with people strategy. The result is an exceptional performance. With 20+ years in global corporations as an operations executive and extensive change management experience, Tom’s on a mission to help leaders create people-first organizations equipped to adapt and thrive in today’s ever-changing business climate.
In this episode Natalie and Tom discuss:
- The leadership gap in organizations
- Leadership needs compassion.
- Hiring for the head, heart, and briefcase
- The double bottom line
- Resilience and Success
- One of the primary needs of leadership today is self-awareness. As leaders, we are responsible for influencing our people, and how we influence people is determined by how we show up in the workplace.
- The first step to becoming more intentional and mindful is to be aware of how we are showing up right now. However, leadership requires compassion as well. Give yourself grace and see yourself from a compassionate point of view, then begin to see others from the same lens, taking into account that everybody has something going on in their lives.
- When you hire for the head, the heart, and the briefcase, you’re hiring the whole person. Hiring the right person for the right role sets up that person for success, and their success is also your success as the leader, and therefore, the success of the entire organization.
- Leadership that is compassionate is weak is a myth. In fact, compassion drives success in the workplace: major improvements in productivity result from greater employee involvement, and morale improves among managers and employees.
- Resilience is key to overcoming the challenges that life throws our way, and recovery starts from being humble enough to admit that something is wrong and having the courage to ask for help.
“Need less, have more, and make a difference.” – Tom Johnston
Free Behavior Assessment: https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/bo/zX3/IonMarketing_podcast
Connect with Tom:
Connect with Natalie:
Show Notes by Podcastologist: Angelica Rayco
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.